Saturday, September 10, 2011

Space Invaders

I'm not a gamer... But sometimes, of course, I play "Solitaire" in the office, until there is no bosses, or I can play "SweepMiner". But it is not systematic.

But only when I see those games that I played 20 years ago on console "Dendy", my soul overflows with children's delight! So when I was presented with tablet based on "Android" and visited the "Android Market", I saw a huge number of games written for this platform, I decided to try my luck and typed in the search engine: "8-bit games"...

Unikum, Dendy, 8 Bit, Retro Games, Nostalgia

The choice was not rich, but most "trump" of all vintage game platforms still was there. "Droid Invaders" - shooting game for Android, a clone of that same "Space Invaders", whose sound permanently "stuck" in my ears and did not allow to fall asleep at night.

I wondered: what is the power of such simple games? Why do people again and again interested in such silly scenes performed trivial 2D graphics? Perhaps, to me it was because the appearance of these consoles were in the most sensitive teenage years. Maybe those games are comparable to Yoga meditation, when a simple horizontal movement of guns across the screen display you can completely ignore the reality surrounding you. Or they really have magic of sound and color, the magic, turned the computer game into a cult.

About magic, I probably had too much, but the fact remains that a couple of weeks ago at the store I saw a portable version of "Dendy" "charged" the basic classic games of the 90s. I bought it, of course ... And my girlfriend "lost" me)))

Note, "Space Invaders" is there (as well as its more advanced version "Galaxy"). So now all move on public transport I run into battles with the aliens, monsters, or just in fights with the masters of "8-bit style" kung-fu.

SEE ALSO:

Unikum, Music Apps, Android, Gadgets

Some Thoughts About Computer History
Unikum, Computer History, Nostalgia

Unikum, Android Apps, Retro Games, Nostalgia

No comments:

Post a Comment